We are pleased to announce Sakina Bradbury as our candidate for Whyteleafe in the Tandridge District Council elections on 6 May 2021.
Here is a message from her to Whyteleafe residents:
I am standing for Tandridge District Council for the honour to represent #Whyteleafe once again. I love our Village and it would be an honour to serve as your District Councillor.
I have lived in this area for 33 years. I am a qualified Health Practitioner and foster parent for teens. I have two degrees, and 20 years of social care experience for severely mentally and physically disabled children. I have two grown up Children who went to school locally.
I have undertaken community related projects in my previous roles as a Whyteleafe District Councillor for 16 years between 2002 and 2018, and 5 years as a Whyteleafe Village Councillor.
I run my own Health Practice, and this gives me ample time to dedicate to the role, allowing me to offer my services, skills and experience to our local community and give something back.
My priorities for Whyteleafe are:
1) Work with local shopkeepers and residents to solve our parking issue. We have five car parks that between them, can accommodate a large number of vehicles. I will try and stop commuter parking from other towns and villages.
2) Work with our MP to reduce the number of HGVs on our village’s streets.
3) Lobby our Village Council to introduce extra sweeping of our roads, particularly the high street and school area as residents have mentioned these areas to me.
4) I will be lobbying the Village Council to invest money in new flower boxes, new railings in the centre of the Village and to extend the Christmas lights throughout the Village.
5) I will continue to speak out and put your interests first.